Thursday 26 August 2010

haven't written in ages!

I'm moving into my new flat in London with 2 very wonderful people in 9- no, wait, now it's 8 days time. I'm very excited, but feel a bit too young to be growing up so damn fast...

Anyway, I found this whilst clearing through the piles of stuff I want to take with me (large pile) need to take with me (slightly smaller pile) and don't want to take with me (...the only thing in that pile is my twin, and even she won't stay put!...). It's an extract from a poem by W H Auden...

Can it pull extraordinary faces?
Is it usually sick on a swing?
Does it spend all it's time at the races,
Or fiddling with pieces of string?
Has it views of it's own about money?
Does it think Patriotism enough?
Are it's stories vulgar but funny?
O, tell me the truth about Love.

When it comes will it come without warning?
Just as I'm picking my nose?
Will it knock on the door in the morning,
Or tread in the bus on my shoes?
Will it come like a change in the weather?
Will it's greeting be courteous or rough?
Will it alter my life altogether?
O, tell me the truth about Love.

You should look up the whole poem. It's long, but rather wonderful, and very witty. Shall post a new one soon if I come across one I like.

xXx

1 comment:

  1. You are wonderfully poetic without the poem my darling.

    LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, SORROW FOR OUR DISTANCE, LOVE.

    ReplyDelete